Sunday, March 31, 2013

Daily Tasks - Vivien

I had a great idea when Heidi announced the challenge.   I worked, consulted with friends, worked some more, and failed.

Unfortunately, I worked so long and hard that I left myself with little time to create a new piece.  Fortunately, I rediscovered velcro at the sewing shop and a new idea was born.  In my piece, Daily Tasks, I have a number of labelled medallions secured to the surface with velcro.  Some are in the center, representing the tasks I have on my "to do" list today.  Others wait on the outside frame because it's certain that I'll be transferring them to the center at some point soon.   I can rearrange the medallions to meet the demands of most of my days, though I realize that some tasks are missing, such as gardening.  I suspect that's because I created this while snow was still on the ground.  I suppose there's always room for more to do.

I hope I'll remember always to put the Be Thankful medallion at the top of the list.  And, in the event I drop the ball and forget to do a task, I gave myself an Oops! medallion, too.

Daily Tasks - Vivien


13 comments:

  1. I like that your busy day has such nice bright colours. Good job with such short timelines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very clever and cute portrayal of what happens in ESD. I like the idea a lot, especially the thankful one! So glad you included "be creative" element too.
    Pamela P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, I could definitely use this on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea, really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very effective last minute quilt. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who wouldn't want one. Nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vivien

    Well done on accomplishing this in such a short time. I particularly like the detachable elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've solved your last minute problem in an innovative and unusual way, with a wonderfully cheerful result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivien,
    This is so much fun.
    A modern interactive approach with a good sense of humor!
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun quilt. I love that it is so different. The background quilting is so reflective of the whole idea. How do you get such perfect circles?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the compliment, Margy, but the circles aren't perfect; I free-motioned quilted the background.

    ReplyDelete