Friday, January 31, 2014

Is it Enough?

January 2014 Challenge Theme:  "Balance"

When I first thought of the challenge theme, my initial images centered around trying to balance my  everyday pressures of work, play and rest.  But, when we think about our art work, the principles of design play such a central role in the success of our piece, that balance came to mind.  I think the hardest thing when creating art is to know when to stop working on the piece and call it finished.  So, my quilt is called "Is it Enough?"


The fabric is demin.  I've used perle cotton thread for the embroidery stitches, each one being a different stitch and a variety of beads and sequins.

"Is it Enough?"


"Is it Enough?"_Detail

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful stitching with lots of intricate detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This incorporates all the elements I find so hard to do! I am jealous!
    Handstitching and beads, and so well arranged to give a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your embroidery is stunning. Each little square is a complete, balanced composition so yes, it is (more than) enough. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see this design as balance in symmetry and stitching technique. It's an unusual interpretation that I think you've pulled off well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous hand work. this quilt is delightful to look at. With each glance I see more. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the little details. You have used embellishment so well and such good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your skilled hand embroidery with so many different stitches and all those beads. I think it is just enough.
    Ann-Mari

    ReplyDelete