Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wild Shine






There are a lot of meanings for the word “wild”. What to choose? Wild nature? Stormy? Ecstatic? Or something mad?

So many possibilities and no decision...

And as usual the idea came suddenly while I was drinking coffee with chocolate. I like any kind of chocolate and get wild of it. Sometimes I forgot to through away chocolate wrappers. What if to make a quilt from it? This wrappers are usually very  shiny. I don’t like a lot of shine in quilts and what if to get crazy and make shiny quilt?

This is the result – “Wild shine”


Materials: chocolate wrappers, felt, beads.

8 comments:

  1. Very clever idea, Lyuda. You certainly went wild with your chocolate wrappers, and your beads. This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful use of old chocolate wrappers...I too love chocolate and have collected a few in my day, planning to use them on some future project only for them to be thrown when sorting out for our move to the UK...sacrifices had to be made! Great work Lyuda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, made me smile also. Fun and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and colourful, love the pieced squares using the chocolate wrappers and all that sparkle,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are always so distinctively 'you' and unusual in concept - you come up with some wonderful ideas, this one included. What a clever concept and great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny idea to use the chocolate wrappers. The sequins and and beads are a good add on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love glittering chocolate wrappers and have a lot saved, but never used them. So with your clever idea to use them in this colorful, glittering, whimsical way, made me think of trying to use mine.
    This quilt put me in a good humor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments! This quilt was made with smile!

    ReplyDelete